Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Choo- Choo-Choons on Choosday



I had a few tracks to put up that I'd really been 'feeling' at the moment so I thought I'd do another 'Tunes On Tuesday' except that unlike Cheech I can't spell, so the title for today is brought to you in the form of a subtle Simpsons reference. Confusing? Yes. Crap songs? Fuck no.

This first one would have to be my favourite tracks at the moment. Britain's GRUM has been the toast of the nu-disco world this past year with his debut album 'Heartbeats' seeing huge critical acclaim over the blogosphere. This remix of Human Life's 'Wherever We Are' is simply amazing. Funky, running 16ths bassline, big pad synths, airy vocals and those sirens... what can I say they just make me smile.

Human Life - Wherever We Are (GRUM Remix)


I can safely say that I have a little crush on British Indie-Pop sensation Ellie Goulding. Of course by little crush I mean I'm currently devising ways in which I can make her my wife. She's seen huge success in 2010 with her hits 'Starry Eyed' and 'The Writer' not to mention her numerous amazing covers so in 2011 she will most likely become see a lot more success. Russ Chimes adds his signature touch to 'Starry Eyed' and makes it a main room destroyer that will have people fist pumping in no time

Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed (Russ Chimes Remix)


This remix by Potomac Boys Club of 'Lights!' is also on heavy rotation in my iTunes. It has a really cool Dubstep/Hip-hop vibe, add some dope verses by Washington rappers Wale and Waka Flocka and you've got a really unique, jump up fun track.

Ellie Goulding - Lights! (Potomac Boys Club Mix)


I'm a little late on the Carte Blanche train but hey, what a train. Dj Mehdi and Riton are the masterminds behind this epic collaboration and with two production legends at the helm this was predisposed to awesomeness. It's always fresh in this niche-est of niches when something just that little bit different comes along so thank you fellas... thank you.

Carte Blanche - Politrix As Usual


I recently saw A-Trak play at Fall Festival, he played this song and I've been wondering what is was ever since. Being brothers with one half of Chromeo this one is a family affair, damn talented family I think.

Chromeo - Hot Mess (Ducksauce Remix)


This next tune is one that's been floating around for a while too. I've never been able to pick it until I stumbled upon it whilst Soundclouding the other day. This is just plain huge, I first thought it was BeatauCue however it's a collaboration by Montreal natives Dooze Jackers and Wes De Graaf hailing from New York City. This one is best fitted to a dark club with a great sound system because beneath those high pitched stabs lies a gut rumbling, sub thumping bass kick that will make you 'loose your shit!'

Dooze Jackers and Wes De Graaf - Euh! 

Now what sort of blogger would I be if I didn't offer you some downright dirty Dubstep filthness? Skrillex has teamed up with fellow L.A Dubstep phenom 12th Planet to bring this you this fresh little number. An all round sweet Dub banger and the kicker you ask? Well Sonny goes back to his roots and sings over this track which makes it fucking amazing, the guy has some serious talent.

Skrillex ft. 12 Planet - Father Said



No comments:

Post a Comment