Saturday, March 26, 2011

March Mix Bag



Shit Melbourne weather has kept me inside this morning, so I scoured my itunes for some favorites. Here we go.

The new Boysnoize & Housemeister collabo ep "Shizzo" definitely lived up to its hype.Personally my favourite is "Saturday". Check it out in 192 here and then go to Beatport and buy the whole EP.

Boysnoize & Housemeister -Saturday

I really get the feeling this song would have got a lot of coke parties in Miami grooving in the 80 and 90's. 30 years down the track and this number still hasn't lost any of its shine.

Laid Back -Cocaine Cool

I have been really enjoying some down tempo chill out tunes lately, perfect for kicking back with a beer and sinking deep into the couch. Japan's own Grooveman Spot gives you something to unwind to.

Grooveman Spot-Ponsonby Beat Down

I hate it when your make the ignorant mistake of seeing an artists material and for some reason you just ignore it. Then later down the track you actually give them the time of day and realise what a fucking idiot you were for dismissing them the first time around. Sound familiar? Planes don't drop bombs! Mr Skeleton does.

Defunct! Feat.Mr Eyez- Check The Method ( Mr Skeleton Remix) POW!!!!

Stephan Bodzin & Marc Romboy just released their 3cd album "Luna", nothing but mind melting techno is all I can expect from the release. I only recently stumbled this insane remix that Gaiser from Richie Hawtins M.nus label did , this is pure Berlin style minimal/tech.

Marc Romboy Vs Stephan Bodzin - Triton (Gaiser Remix)

Probably up there with my favorite releases of 2010 comes Dirtybird honcho Justin Martin and 20 year old prodigy Ardalan.I think I have listened to this over a hundred times and it just seems to get better.Sampling both The Avalanches and Pharrel Williams, this was a true anthem of 2010.

Justin Martin & Ardalan -Mr Spock
Heres a vid of Claude Vonstroke Dropping It At The Movement Festival.



And to go out with a major BANG!!!! Here's a little something from Norwegian Aniki, in my opinion he is one of the only people around who still manages to make listenable fidget. Remember what that sounded like?

Aniki- 2001 A Bass Odyssey

No comments:

Post a Comment