Sunday, August 29, 2010

WTF





First up,comes probably my favourite artist amongst todays scene of twisted basslines. Figure, scooped up last year by Tommie Sunshine, has been on fire as of late,dropping some impressive bootlegs,remixes and most importantly, originals. I find each of his works distinctly different, which can be hard to achieve when dealing in the world of sludge filled basslines.Figure...big things coming.


Public Enemy- Night Of The Living Bass Heads (Figure Remix)


Claude Vonstroke, the name need no introduction in the dance music world.I heard a mash up that A-trak did of this with a while back and to be honest, it made me cringe.And I concluded that Vocal Chords should never be touched.Until I heard this superb remix that Australian lads, Coupons had done. While still keeping the haunting atmosphere of the original, they turned this into a feel good euphoric wall of sound with an amazing breakdown.Love it.


Claude Vonstroke- Vocal Chords (Coupons remix)


Its D.I.M. , you know this is going to be good.


Demon - I Think (D.I.M Remix)


When it comes to dreamy blissful sounds, Teen Daze are on top of the game,They dropped an amazing LP a few weeks back and judging by various reviews,things are only looking up for these guys.Close your eyes and let this take you away.


Local Natives- Wide Eyes (Teen Daze Remix)


Lastly, something epic. Now, I am forewarning females, (no disrespect to our female counterparts) if you hear this song coming in over the speakers, I would vacate the dancefloor immediately, because there is a good chance the males in the crowd will start throwing chairs and acting like primitive cavemen when this number hits its peak. Sounds like this remix was inspired by Mr Oizo's works. I get the feeling these guy are going to get big.


B.R.U.C.E. -The Wallet (TWR72 Remix)




No comments:

Post a Comment