Sunday, December 20, 2009

Where is my mind?






I'm getting sick at the moment and it sucks pretty bad. Usually I will only get one sickness per winter so hopefully this will pass and I'll be spritely once more. On a different note Bassnectar or Lorin Ashton as I'm sure he is known to his friends has made a truly 'amazing' piece of music with his re-working of The Pixies classic 'Where Is My Mind'. Being a huge fan of the original I love everything about this version, but rather than explain what's going on in the track I'll let Mr Ashton do the honors.


“This is just a simple chunk of bass and beats, probably not dubstep because it is 20 bpm faster, probably not D&B because it doesn’t follow the rules, but its thick and deep and it should be yours. If you are a DJ and want a nice instrumental banger for your sets, this jam has some heavy bass and a nice clean beat loop at the beginning running at 85 bpm…perfect to thicken up any hip hop, drum & bass, dub, downtempo or dubstep track, also a nice little acapella synth at the end…”




The Pixies - Where Is My Mind (Bassnectar Remix)

Bonus: If you don't know this scene...well....yeah.




Bonus Bonus: Just watch and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment